Weekly Wisdom

You better cut that pizza into four pieces, I'm not hungry enough to eat six.
-- Yogi Berra

Monday 12 September 2011

Naga Viper Chilli

I bought this in Brick Lane on my curry mission last weekend, it was on the counter in an Indian supermarket with a big warning sign behind it. The single chilli I purchased was about an inch long and cost me 60p.


Yesterday I was reading the Sunday paper and came across an article by Tom Parker Bowles about how England is up there with the world's greatest cultivators of the fiery vegetable, it reminded me of the Naga Viper wrapped up in a brown paper bag in my fridge. 



Here are some numbers: Tabasco = 4,000 on the Scoville Heat Scale, the Naga Viper.....
1.2 million! 


I cut it open and with the tip of my tongue grazed it for a fraction of a second.


Fuck me.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment